Friday, March 9, 2007

Technology in the class room

This is an issue that I have different thoughts about. I am not sure I feel that technology can be very effective in the classroom. I think that the use of computers is great, as long as students are using them as a tool. I do not, however, believe that elementary aged students should be typing papers on the computers. I think they really need to be focusing on hand writing at earlier ages, and once students get into middle and high school, then they can start typing.

I also believe that because there is so many things on the internet now and electronic learning games that studnets rely on, computers and these games take away from personal teaching. Parents no longer have to help their children learn to read because they learn through the electronic learning games. Teachers do not have to take kids to the library to do reseach anymore because students do not have to use books to look up reseach, they use the internet.

I really think that computers have become a new kind of "teacher" for some and even a "parent" to others. Kids spend so much time now on the computer and playing video games, that they do not focus on what is important in their lives anymore. I really think that technology is taking over.

No comments: